Saturday, June 26, 2010

Life Happens

I've had dreams of being something my whole life -- a movie star, a writer, an artist. I've even educated myself in these fields throwing my whole person into each of them believing that I was the embodiment of James Dean, the essence of Steinbeck, the eye of Monet. Yet, here I sit sipping coffee and wondering what my next venture in life is going to be. Will I be a great actor, a mediocre writer or dabble in painting, or will I go to more extremes and hold up an all night convenient store for $75.00 and a bottle of Wild Turkey before hurling myself over the Grand Canyon? And if so, how do I prepare for that role? Can we manifest our own destinies by following a pre-designed course of study being careful not to stumble over the usual pitfalls of bad relationships and worse habits, or is life more like stepping in a pile of poop -- it just happens? How do we prepare for an unsure life?

No comments:

Post a Comment