Saturday, June 26, 2010

What's Your Major?

I like to think of myself as a fairly educated man. I've collected a few useless degrees I'll be paying for long into my golden years, yet I remain blind to so many things that cold potentially affect my life. Ask me about poetry or pottery and I'm sure to have a quick reply, ask me about politics or potentially hazardous materials and I'm completely dumbfounded. It's not as if I don't care about poisons or presidents, I just don't care enough to give up fifty-thousand dollars and a decade of my life to study them.
This paradigm leads me to wonder if one course of study is more important than the other. One could argue points for either side, but perhaps these two seemingly different studies are two parts of the same team. After all, there are rules applied to writing, and leadership is certainly an art, so. . . in the University of Life, how do we determine which course is right for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment