Thursday, August 26, 2010

Broken Romance

I've always considered myself idyllic. My personals ad would read, "Single white male seeks same for long walks in the rain, cozy fireside chats and midnight romps." In addition to quiet solitude in a lover's arms, I've continually enjoyed engaging poetry, chick flicks and dainty chocolates. But lately I've been feeling less than dainty -- in fact, I've been feeling down right vicious. I'd like nothing more than to bite the head off a budding rose and spit it at the one who broke my heart. Of course I have too much decorum to actually do this, but it is nice to dream. Still, I wonder if I'll ever regain my passion for love. It seems once a person has been jilted, the damage is always visible. Sure he can move on and perhaps he'll meet a decent mate and have some fun for a while, but what do you do when you don't love love? Is there a 12-step program that can teach us how to regain our powers of passion, or is romance simply a romantic idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment