Friday, July 2, 2010

Bills, Bills, Bills

Upon receiving my credit card bill for the week of weakness in which I bought my family dinner, my mailman a massage and myself he entire spring collection, I realized credit is a wonderful thing -- for the creditors. By the time I add interest and late fees, I will have spent enough to purchase Puerto Rico and a luxury cruise liner to sail there. Oh, well. . . "You only live once," as my friend, Tommy says. Of course, the collection agencies have his number on speed dial.
When I was a kid my parents gave me wonderful pearls of wisdom. Words like, "Any job worth doing is worth doing right," still ring true. Others, such as, "Coffee stunts your growth," have proven to be completely false. The judgement is still out for some as in, "Algebra teaches you complex thinking," and "It's the thought that counts," are still in debate. I mean, I think about going to the gym every time I drive by it in my way to the bakery for my morning strudel, and I realize I should only dream about walk-in closets filled with designer labels, but is thinking about it enough? Is it necessary to put all one's energy into becoming something or does that close the doors to other opportunities? Should one look before leaping or in contemplation an excuse for fear? When it comes to life decisions. . . is it really the thought that counts?

No comments:

Post a Comment