Saturday, July 10, 2010

In the Name of Love

Last night, having nothing to do and no wine to drink, I watched a six hour movie marathon on Lifetime Movie Network (or as I call it -- Ladies Murder Channel). I watched jilted women kill their spouses for reasons of infidelity, abuse, and severe cases of PMS. All of these sounded logical enough except for the fact that each woman claimed to love her husband. I found this concept a bit odd. I love my partner, but am hardly willing to hack his head off with a rusty ax to prove it. I have, however, done many another compromising items to prove my love. I've started wearing underwear and engaging in threesomes to name a few. Friends of mine have made compromises as well, though less extreme, to honor their partners' wishes, yet none have killed as far as I'm aware. I've performed several acts I'm not too proud of and for which I've blamed the Devil or Jesus, but still I wonder. . . What are we willing to do in the name of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment