Thursday, July 8, 2010

Little Moments

I'm the kind of guy who has a routine and sticks to it come rain, shine, sleet, or snow. I go to one grocery store, get gas at a specific station and always part my hair on the right. Some may call this manic (my psychiatrist and boyfriend to name a few), but I call it efficient. It may sound boring, but a lot can happen in a grocery store or gas station. For instance the other day I bought four organic bananas instead of three, and while pumping gas I got distracted by something shiny and accidentally pumped beyond my $20.00 limit. Not exactly core shakers, yet I can't help wondering what the ramifications of these small changes will be. Will I be forced to make banana bread from the soon to be rotten extra banana? And if I do, will I drive that loaf to the homeless shelter to feed those less fortunate -- I certainly have enough gas. And if this happens will I see the joy in giving and devout the rest of my existence to charity? My guess is probably not. Still, how do we know which little moments will determine the course of our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment