Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wrongs and Rights

I confess, I have cheated on a few things in life -- Geometry tests, college exams, tax refunds, nothing out of the ordinary. But the thoughts of cheating on my partner have never occurred to me. Sure, I've seen the scenarios on Lifetime movies and have watched the events unfold in the relationships of friends around me, but I could never quite imagine myself as an adulterer for a few different reasons. First and foremost I am a horrible liar. Secondly, the scarlet letter doesn't match a thing I own.
Unfortunately this sense of fidelity hasn't always worked in a two-way fashion. I have been cheated on and have managed to find it in my heart to forgive time and again. This being said, I've envisioned my mate's demise in many a gruesome fashion knowing I would be completely devastated without him. Yet I cannot bring myself to return the unfaithful favor assured by the thought that two wrongs don't make a right. Still I wonder, if they don't make it right, do they at least make it fair?

No comments:

Post a Comment