Thursday, July 29, 2010

Like a Moth to a Flamer

Some gay men state that they have always known they were homosexual, others say they figured it out later in life and still others deny it all together. My own story is rather dull and anticlimactic as I don't know for sure when the realization occurred. I suppose I had yearnings as a child, but I also yearned to be a fireman and to eat my weight in s'mores, but those things never came to light. Regardless of how it happened, I grew up to be an out and proud gay man who pines after fireman but who has no desire to become one.
I figure all us homosexuals begin life as little hunks of gay coal, then, with a lot of training, we become big flaming homos and later, as we discover the identity beneath the sexuality, we turn into queer burning embers trying to live a well adjusted life in a world still trying to figure us out. As I search for the answers to life's little mysteries and my light begins to dim I have to wonder if I will be remembered as the hunk of coal who turned into a dazzling diamond, or if I will become another pile of ashes left behind by those in search of hotter fires. Is it possible memories of me will stoke the fires of eternity or is life simply ashes to ashes and dust to dust?

No comments:

Post a Comment